Thursday, May 29

In the beginning.....

Wow!  This has been a big week for an introverted artist.  I opened an Etsy shop yesterday (link below) along with a Facebook Fan page, a Twitter account...and now a blog.

With this blog I hope to share my work, my successes and my failures, inspire others to follow their passion,  teach what I know or have learned, connect with people who share the same interests, learn and grow!

I guess you could say I'm at a point in my life where I want to do what I love and try to make a living at it, rather than doing something to make a living and cramming what I love into what little spare time is left over. Who hasn't had that dream!!  The infamous "they" always say to follow your passion.  Well, circumstances have given me this opportunity so I'm taking the plunge.

I love making things with my hands and always have.  To create something, anything, from a painting, to a sculpture to a great meal provides a great sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. Combine that with my love of the past and all things vintage, antique, tattered, worn and aged, and Jypsy Studio was born.

The studio was named after my 22' Safari Airstream trailer that I call Jypsy, inspired by Miranda Lambert's song.  And I thank my best friend, Catherine, for the idea.  I daydream about jumping in the trailer with my 3 kitty cats and hitting the road to see all the world has to offer.


My interests are diverse and I love to learn new skills having dubbed myself the "eternal student".  A short list of the things that currently draw me in:

  • Mixed media assemblage
  • Automata
  • Collage
  • Black & White Film Photography-you remember film don't you?
  • Acrylics & Watercolors
  • Woodworking

Thank you for stopping by.  Pull up a chair, a cup of tea and tell me what you want to talk about!

Let's get this journey started!
Jan 


Jypsy Studio on Etsy

4 comments:

  1. That is great Jan. You have always had a creative mind. You are very talented.
    You deserve the opportunity to do what you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mom, and I know exactly where I got it too!!

      Delete
  2. Jan - very excited about your latest adventure! Can't wait to tag along. I've been blogging, too, and I think you'll have fun with it. Seems we have some interests that may intersect - you can check out my blog to see what I mean:

    https://grandmaspicturebox.wordpress.com/

    Have fun with it!
    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Beth, thanks for letting me know about your blog. I love it and have added a link on my blog. I have tons of these old cabinet cards but usually they don't have names on them. I'll start looking. I actually have a vintage camera and case that have a name on it and am trying to find out what I can but it's tough! Hope you're having fun and I'm open to any tips! Jan

      Delete