Sunday, January 4

The Original Documented Life - First Prompt: Goals

This weekend I started The Documented Life project which consists of weekly journaling prompts which we share with one another.  It is a great motivator for keeping up a journal and the group is great about sharing photos of their work, tips, advice, tutorials and support. I'll put the link below for anyone interested. 

Here I will share a short visual tutorial of my first week's page with stepped out photos of the process.  I love seeing the process of how other artists arrive at their final destination and hope this provides you with some new ideas to try in your own journal!


I like to start with the end product!


The challenge is to utilize book text and the prompt was "I am my own goal keeper".  Start with a layer of book text, ledger paper, old letters and receipts, etc. adhered with medium of your choice. 

Vintage papers, receipts, ledger pages and a bank note forwarded to me from my friend Cat, 
from her great uncle's store in the early 1900's in NC. 

Add layers with paint, stencils and spray inks. The "text block" is done with gesso to make sure it is easy to write on.


This is the text block filled in 
with a favorite quote.



And one close up shot of a tiny part of the page. I love how the page from the shorthand book shows through the word "goal" here. 


Thank you for reading and I'm happy you stopped by.  Here is the link for The Documented Life Project.


Jan


1 comment: