Friday, August 1

What is it about chickens?

What is it about chickens that everybody loves?  I used to have 6 chickens (5 hens and a rooster) that I loved.  They gave me fabulous eggs for very little in return.  Their clucking sounds as they roamed the yard looking for bugs was very, very comforting. 



I couldn't even fault Frankie for waking me up early some days perched outside my bedroom window with his wonderful crow because he was so majestic (though mean) to look at. So, I've always been drawn to chickens.  Thus the inspiration for this collage utilizing a vintage photo. 


Sides painted as well so no framing necessary. 

Granted it's a bit on the funky side, but everyone in the class LOVED it so I was encouraged to add it to my Etsy shop.  It's an 11"x14" on a wrapped canvas so it's ready to hang with no framing necessary.  I thought I'd just share it here with my friends as well because I love it so much. I'm thinking maybe I scan it and make cards?  Hmmmmmmmm


I love the beak!

The tail feathers were a last minute thought and I'm glad I added them!
I think the dress rocks!!

Big thanks to Lynn Whipple for a fabulous class!


As always, thanks for stopping by!  Comments are appreciated.


Jan
Link:  Find Your Wings & Fly





No comments:

Post a Comment