Thursday, July 3

Creating Art at the Speed of Life: Lesson 8: Texture via Transfer Rubbings

Lesson 8 today was on doing a rubbing of a textured item and transferring it to your journal.  I love this technique because with a piece of paper and a pencil you can pick up an interesting texture any time you're out and about.


Vintage tin ceiling tile texture. 

I have a vintage ceiling tile hanging in my foyer so that was the easiest thing to take a rubbing from.  It's big so I only got a small piece and it's not very detailed, but I like the technique just the same.  

The shading is all done with watercolors and water soluble graphite pencils. A little black and white paint as an added detail always adds a nice pop!  



So, a nice tool to add to the technique arsenal. Soon some of these techniques will make it into my Etsy pieces.  


Here's the link if you'd like to stop by. Jypsy Studio


As always, thanks for stopping by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment