Saturday, July 5

Creating Art at the Speed of Life-Lesson 9: First Impression(ism)

Lesson 9: First Impression(ism).  A take on Monet's technique of using little dots of paint to build up texture, shading and color.  I like the way she turned out, but it took me FOREVER to get it to where I thought I looked like I wanted using the eraser of a pencil for the dots. 



I can do better but this was a very interesting new technique to learn...no real painting involved.  Love the big circles with the black ink for the hair though.  As with most impressionistic paintings, looks better if you stand back a bit. :)



So, almost 1/3 of the way through the book, learning a lot and it gives me a goal.  These are easily done in one day.  


I am going to start incorporating some of these new skills into my work on Etsy so keep an eye out. 


Here is the link. Jypsy Studio-Jan Partain


As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment