Wednesday, July 9

"Joy of Collage" class with Lynn Whipple: Lesson 2

Lesson 2 posted at midnight last night and I've already watched it and completed it.  It was great fun.  I must say the first lesson's technique really freed you up to play. We were SUPPOSED to do only ONE canvas.  I ended up doing both of my canvases and FIVE more in my art journal.  I was covered in gloss medium.  It appeared from the class blog I was not the only one who could not stop. 


As a refresher....here is where Lesson 1 ended.  Collage layer with photo focal point.


Layer 1-collage with image.


Lesson 2 was about aging the collage with a raw umber acrylic wash to pull it together a bit and dull the white parts down a bit.  This is what a few of mine looked like after the wash.  Doesn't look like much yet. 

Layer 2 - Raw Umber wash. 

Then the hard part, painting over it all with flat off white paint and creating a new shape.  Scary, but after the first couple it wasn't so bad.  I practiced on the ones in my art journal first.  I need to make the bodies a little bigger and use a little less of the white paint, but other than that...they make me giggle. Love the tulips (maybe I'll name it "two-lips"...LOL) and the bunny!!

Layer 3-cutting out new shapes with paint. 










Can't wait for Friday for the next step!   Is it "fine art"....well, that's up for interpretation.  But it's playful, fun and makes me laugh.  Enjoy the journey!


As always, thanks for stopping by.


Jan
Jypsy Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment