Wednesday, June 11

Antique Shops in Asheboro, North Carolina

Asheboro, NC, is a small town about 30 minutes south of Greensboro.  I believe it used to be heavily into the Carolina textile industry judging from all the large warehouses we saw downtown.  Anyway, these have now been turned into several very large antique malls and consignment shops.


Just when you think you're done you see a sign like this!! LOL

My friend Catherine and I spent the day there and found lots of little goodies and boy did we find some bargains.  The "not so good deals" we just left on the shelf.  We also saw a few things that just made you scratch your head.  Catherine dubbed them "Pinterest Projects Gone Wrong."  I've shared here some pics from our day.  If you ever get the chance, it's definitely the place to go. 


We also had lunch at a fabulous little cafe called "The Table Bakery"....soooo cute, tons of charm and atmosphere and the food was great, awesome desserts.  I'll get some pics of that up tomorrow. 


These were samplers from the 1800's and gorgeous but $1,000 to $1,500 ea.

I love warm, creamy yellow ware bowls. 

This guy must have collected radios.
         
This 3 pc bedroom suite was beautiful!

Some of the fun things that followed me home!


No comments:

Post a Comment