Sunday, June 15

"Creating Art at the Speed of Life"-Lesson 3:Analogous Analogy: Art & Blogging

Lesson #3 from Pam Carriker's book is on analogous colors.  I chose hot pink, violet and red...next to each other on the color wheel...which is the meaning of analogous. 

Lesson #3-Analogous Analogy

Though I didn't like the page at first I kept working at it until it became better.  I love the hanging hearts with their little shadows and the overall harmony of the page.  With this lesson we begin adding a critique of the page.

 

They say that about art...if it's not working, keep at it until it does.  Eventually you'll get there.  And if it doesn't, well, there's always gesso to cover it with and start over.  Just consider it one of the many layers in the art.  So, that's the lesson for today, 3 down 27 to go. 


I guess blogging is a bit like that.   I've read all sorts of tips and advice on blogging and, quite frankly, sometimes I feel like I'm just writing to myself.  But, I'm keeping at it.  They say to be yourself.  Okay, thus the content of this post.  Then they say that the blog is about your readers, not about you.  Well, what if you don't have any readers?  Or just a few?  So, I'm working on that as well.  


So, for  now I'll keep plugging away because I love what I do and want to share it.  It's not that I think my life is so fascinating that others want to read about it, but I have a passion and hope to connect with others that have the same.  I'm not giving up!


So, if you've gotten this far in this post I'm impressed and so grateful.  If you have, please leave me a comment.....about ANYTHING!   The good, the bad, the ugly.  More pictures? Better pictures? Less words? Different topics? Do you blog? I mean it.  Lemme have it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment