Tuesday, June 24

"Creating Art at the Speed of Life" Lesson 5: Complimentary Colors-Purple and Yellow

I've been without internet for the last 4 days due to a sudden and violent hail storm on Friday.  I'm mooching WIFI to get this posted today, but hopefully Century Link will get me my new modem soon. 


Lesson 5 in Pam's book, Complimentary Colors exercise.  Choose your favorite color (purple) and the color exactly opposite of it on the color wheel.  Other compliments are Red & Green (think Christmas), Blue & Orange (think FL Gators).  Purple and Yellow are great complimentary colors....but you have to be careful putting one over the other or you get mud!  I like the left side of this layout better. 


...both sides of the journal.

Close up of the left side.

Another closeup.  Love the Japanese paper with the lotus flowers. 

I love purple and always have.  It is a wonder I didn't talk my parents into carpeting my room with it.  I got red shag instead.  (Yes, I'm sure that dates me.) In any case...I like the way this turned out!  It is a combination of collage and painting.  Any opportunity to use ephemera and I'm all over it!!


The next batch of lessons is on how to create "texture"....or the look of texture...without the added bulk.  


As always, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I remember that red shag! You have always loved color. You have always looked at the world through different eyes than most! I love your style and the fact that you think "outside the box" when you create! You my friend are a true artist! Donna Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do...and I have a photo to prove it. Thank you for reading and commenting my friend...and your sweet compliment!

    ReplyDelete