Sunday, June 1

Give Patterns A Try

Julie FeiFan Balzer put out a blog post and call for artwork incorporating patterns and I did these today in response to that.  Thank you Julie!

Leaf From Leu Gardens

My Pattern From The Leaf














Patterns can be found all around us in everyday things and nature.  Julie posted some great ones from Pinterest.  You can get ideas anywhere if you stop and look.  One of mine is designed from a leaf at Leu Gardens, the other from an antique tin ceiling tile I have hanging on my wall at home.

Antique Tin Ceiling Tile

Pattern Drawn from Two Tiles Together












Anyway, find a design or pattern you like and just expand it with lines, dots, circles, shadows, hash marks, etc.  There is this thing out there called Zentangle (look it up).  Anyway, it's making designs with just those things I listed. Normally done in black and white but can be color.  I call it doodling, and have been doing it since I was a kid in church (sorry mom).  A little shading with some graphite and some designs almost look 3D.

Give it a try, I'd love to see what you come up with!

Thanks again Julie, this was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment